Monday 10 August 2009

Nothing new to say, just a puzzle for you


I just thought I'd give you a puzzle. I think this one's pretty easy, but 100L for the first correct answer in comments, paid in world!

The 5 houses are in a row, number them 1-5 from left to right, and each occupant has favourite music and a favourite drink.




Kaele Jinx waits for the trivia orb at 4-Play Roadhouse

In comments, please tell me who lives in which house? (Lotus lives in house 4 for example)

1. The person who likes Nickelback lives directly next to the person who likes Kaiser Chiefs.

2. Sharon lives directly next to the person who drinks water.

3. There is one house between Lette and Nelly on the right.

4. There are two houses between the house of the person drinking beer and the house of the person who likes Snow Patrol.

5. The fourth house does not belong to the person who like Snow Patrol

6. There is one house between Sharon and Sinnamon

7. The person drinking beer lives to the left of the person who likes Blur.

8. There are two houses between the house of the person drinking milk and the house of the person who likes Nickelback on the left.

9. There is one house between the house of the person who likes Blur and the house of the person who likes Snow Patrol.

10. There are two houses between the person who drinks water and the house of the person who likes Coldplay

11. Nelly drinks industrial alcohol

12. There are two houses between Mako and Sinnamon.

In which number house does everybody live?

12 comments:

  1. I think you need to start hosting again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even make an educated guess about this one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we know the houses belong to Nelly, Sinn, Lette, Mako, and Sharon. That's only 120 combinations. Someone ought to spam it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not just work it out, you lazy lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazarding a stab here, and probably wrong ...

    1. Mako
    2. Sharon
    3. Lette
    4. Sinn
    5. Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Mako drinks water and likes Nickelback (lies)
    2. Sharon drinks beer and likes Kaiser Chiefs
    3. Lette likes Blur
    4. Sinn drinks Milk and and likes Coldplay
    5. Nelly drinks industrial alcohol and likes Snow Patrol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not as thirsty as Nelly, Lette.

    Angelo, I don't believe for a moment that was a guess. The 100L are yours with an honourable mention for Mako.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honourable mention for Mako indeed - and with Lotus' indulgence, I'm going to boost 40L$ of the 100 onwards to Mako, because, unlike me, he had the courage to give the complete answer including bevvies and choice of music, while I was still scratching my head and wondering why I could only find four drinks.

    Thank you for this Lotus - fresh, different and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lotus, just so you know, I am filing an Abuse Report on you with the Lindens for suggesting that I actually like Coldplay (or milk for that matter -- ugh, gross!). Slander! I have been slandered! (For future reference, the Pixies or CAKE would have been acceptable).

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries, Angelo -- you beat me fair and square, and all in good fun. Keep your lindens (or use them to buy poor thirsty Lette a beverage). ;)

    And I'm with Sinn, Lotus. Slander! No Nickelback in this house.

    ReplyDelete