Sunday 5 July 2009

Triviators!

This time I'm not going to be quite as self-promoting as I was last time, but my Triviator friends deserve a blog post, and I want to tell you about them.

We're to do with Buccaneer Bowl. Lette, Thornton and Lillian run Buckybowl, and it's a monthly team event with lots of lindens at stake, and I think, is maybe the Derby of SL trivia events. She would say that, I hear you saying, but I did not say there would be no self-promotion.

The idea of Buckybowl is that teams of four compete in five rounds of questions, with a bonus at the end of every round to the highest scorer in the round. The team with the most lindens at the game wins and gets
to wear the Bucc Bowl Champs tag for a month, not to mention a nice pile of lindens.


Mako made this composite, that's why it's so much better than my own pictures. Here's me, Nelly, Mako, Starla and Alanna.





A long time ago when
Buckybowl was just a glimmer in Lette's brain, I said to Nelly that if there was ever team trivia in SL I'd want to be on her team. And when Buckybowl came up Nelly and I formed our own team. I came up with some hopeless names, and Nelly came up with the Trivators. And so the team was born.






The Triviators in T-shirts and low-ARC items at Buckybowl 3., where we came a close second to Boomfirecirceschism.







Starla we knew from events, and we were very pleased when she agreed to join us. We thought we had a fourth but she couldn't make it so we went into Buckybowl 1 with three players. And that's where we met Alanna. I can't remember where we came in Buckybowl 1, it might have been fourth, with Trumpton being deserved winners.

Next time Nelly couldn't make it, and Lette gave us a list of unattached players. And so we got joined up with Mako the Awesome. And since then we've won 4 out of 5 Buckybowls, and I've got to know three really nice people in Starla, Alanna and Mako. Please don't think Nelly is not nice, I knew her already!

Now I don't know about you, but Buckybowl does stress me out. There is all that organising and making sure we have a team, then I worry in case my teammates show up (they always do!), then with so many good players there I'm sitting with trembly fingers poised over my keyboard. But I
love it! It's a two hour adrenaline fix, and I get such a buzz when I see a Trivator name first with the right answer!




Rach encourages me to use my heels on Mako the Kung Fu Master.











Next Buckybowl is 18 July, but I'm on holiday and won't be there, and I know they'll manage without me!


And, everyone, we're hosting a Triviators Special event at Sharon's Diner on 11 July, watch the Events listing for detail
s.

So to finish with we need a question. If you answer first in comments you get a whole 50L in-world.

So here's one for the Janeites: which character does Emma Woodhouse try to match with the local vicar, Mr Elton? Character and novel, please!



3 comments:

  1. Harriet Smith in

    Emma, by Jane Austen


    Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You got your 50L Mags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Triviators! Great post, Lotus!

    ReplyDelete