Tuesday 30 June 2009

Lilly's Irish Pub

Time for some shameless self promotion. Where in SL can you find:
  • A wonderful Irish sim?
  • An Irish pub with a great ambience?
  • Awesome DJs every day?
  • Three great hosted trivia events every week?
Lilly's of course! Lilly's was one of the first trivia events I went to in SL, and as most of you know I'm one of the current hosts there.

If you haven't been you so should. Lilly and Rudi have created a wonderfully atmospheric Irish sim with the pub at the centre of it. The pub is a busy place, and it certainly isn't all about trivia, and the club features DJ sets from Chantal Glenwalker, Mars Lake, Ronin Stormwind, Accacia Brissot, Sandi Losangeles, and of course Lilly25 Connolly and Rudolf Moo themselves. And I must mention Capi who works behind the bar, and my good friend Whisper who puts so much energy into making people feel welcome. And Lilly and Rudi are such a pleasure to work for!





Trivia crew!
Chantal, Rev, Karmel, Lotus, Whisper and Lovelee at Lilly's






I've been hosting at Lilly's since January, when Nelly and I spammed Lilly's group IM demanding trivia back during the week. We took it over from Alliekatt Knipper, and kept her format of 30 questions with a halftime break. We wanted something different, so we put in the T-shirt Challenge at the end. For those who haven't been, the first person to get the challenge question within 5 seconds wins a special T-shirt and at least 200L. If there is no winner we roll 50L over to the next event.

Last night's challenge question was on the subject of Chick Lit:

Which novelist wrote "The Camomile Lawn", "Harnessing Peacocks" and "The Vacillations of Poppy Carew"? Anamaria got the correct answer Mary Wesley, but not within 5 seconds, and we rollover 250L to Friday!

The Easter Egg is a clip hidden (not very hidden) in my event notices, and the last question before the break is about the clip. Everyone who gets it in 5 seconds gets pain. I try and make it easy so anyone who did watch it will get the answer. Yesterday's clip was a cartoon clip, the questions was "where is the only place you can find lions and tigers?", and the answer is, of course, Kenya.

We have "teh" bonuses of 5L for the first person to spot my irritiating "teh" typo, and we have halftime Stand on the Rug trivia, for anyone who wants to ask questions of their own. Nelly started out at Lilly's doing half time trivia when Allie ran the event.

Hosting with Nelly has been one of the most enjoyable things I have done in SL. She hasn't been able to host lately because of RL commitments, but we have some new excting hosts at Lilly's! Rickson has his own event at Cafe Trivia but he's a Lilly's host too. Karmel was talent spotted at Sharon's Bring Your Own Trivia, and Karmel's Kookbook is always open on Fridays, which leaves us with Rev on Wednesdays, and I've already told him I'm NOT going to be his altar girl.

I need to say that the Lilly's Wednesday and Friday events aren't my events, Rudi and Alliekatt diid them before me, and I'm just one of the current hosts. But I do do Early Birds and Night Owls at 11pm on Fridays, and that is mine. I noticed when I was on at 7am UK time, that my North American friends were still about. Earlybirds doesn't have the bells and whistles of the main Lilly's events, but Chantal or Mars DJ for us if they're about and the ambience is more subdued that the usual shouty stuff we do.



Karmel of the Kookbook fame. Anamaria looks chilled and ready to take our Lindens, as usual









The last thing I have to say is that I need more comments because I'm feeling lonely! So where persuasion and cajolery don't work I'll try bribery and put a question at the end of my posts. Oh, and I just realised I hadn't enabled comments from unregistered readers, I've done that now!

If you're the first person to post the correct answer in comments you get 50L in-world, so make sure I know your SL name.

Soooo.. here we go for 50L:

Which valley has the highest mountain, the deepest lake and the biggest liar in England?





7 comments:

  1. ty for this nice blog Lotus:)
    you and your hosts are doing very well, go on like that, we appreciate a lot!
    *hugs*
    Lilly & Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo oo i know this one.. its Wasdale in cumbria - only casue wastwater really creeps me out.. its soo quiet there

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..."and the last question before the break is about the clip. Everyone who gets it in 5 seconds gets pain"...

    !!!

    PS If I spot 'tehs' in your blog do I win 5L?

    Your friend Mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay wtg Watcher! Paid 50L!

    Highest mountain Scafell Pike
    Deepest lake Wastwater
    Biggest Liar championship in the Bridge Inn Santon Bridge Wasdale

    Hi Mags, maybe I should inflict some pain...there's an idea. I'm very vigilant about tehs on my blog, 10L if you find one first :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta tell more people in-world or they won't be able to comment !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilly's rocks! Seriously, always a lot of fun at those events.

    If you're going to inflict some pain, Lotus - does that mean that I should wear my tear-away leather outfit next Lilly's? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiri maybe you should wear it to do halftime trivia? My pain is usually inflicted with Father Ted questions

    ReplyDelete