Tuesday 22 September 2009

Chaos and confusion

I'm normally an early riser, but not many things get me out of bed at 5am, but Chaos Truth or Dare does.

Chaos is a special kind of trivia event, but when I
say trivia the questions aren't the main thing, just a vehicle to keep the game moving along. It's the Truth or Dare element that makes it so special. Now before I go any further I need to say that we at Chaos must agree that what happens at Chaos stays at Chaos, and that any pictures taken at Chaos may only be reproduced with the permission of those involved. And, I'm pleased to say, the people in question have said yes!



Mako's dare was to sent this naked pic of himself to another player. Sadly I only saw the censored version. Thanks Mako for permission to use your Flickr pic


It works like this. Lette asks a question, and the person who gets a question right picks someone else to do a Truth or a Dare. The Truths are a mixed bag, and the Mistress of Amok Lette asks supplementary questions with forensic skill. Being asked to tell everyone how I masturbate isn't something I do every day, and I can feel myself blushing when I write this sentence, but in the interests of accuracy a good blogger must tell it how it is!

The Dares are fun. Rach Borkotron is the Daremistress, and it's so nice to see someone enjoying her job, even if her enthusiasm has to be reined in by Lette from time to time. There is strip hangman, where the dared player must guess a word, and lose an item of clothing for every wrong letter. I'm sure we Mac users are at a disadvantage with naked mudwrestling, because I had my face pushed in the mud several times. Lately I sense a pattern for myself, which is me getting dares that lead to Nelly doing mean things to me. She, of course, enjoys that.

And that's another thing about Chaos. Once I've got to know people it's even better, and it's got better yet for me when Nelly and Kiri come along. There is nothing like seeing your friends given silly dares to do!




Nelly enjoying her dare, w
hich was to spank me ten times















By the way, I know I'm digressing, but have you noticed this at events? People tend to stand in the same place. At Lilly's Anamaria and Becki are always near the fire, Rain always on the mantelpiece, Lette, Kiri and Rickson towards the bar, and Sharon always seems to be by the door for some rea
son, maybe in case her creditors appear. This does make it easier to pay winners if you know where they will be, and a problem I have at EyeQ is the lack of landmarks makes it hard for me to locate winners.




I told you I'd post a picture of me in a Chaos wet T shirt and thong if I ever won one. Here I am drying out afterwards in front of my fire!















Anyway, getting back to our subject, our Chaos hosts treat new players gently, and don't be afraid to come along and join in, you won't be made to get naked on your first outing. I keep saying so, but Chaos really is fun! Chaos is on 8.30 pm SLT Saturdays.

Anyway I promised you lindeny Dingbats, and here they come! Ten of them, 10L to each person with a first correct answer in comments. Please leave your avi name and I'll pay you in-world. Good luck everyone!

32 comments:

  1. grand piano

    dragged through a hedge backward?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes, that was quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the write-up, Lotus! I'm glad you love Chaos so much. I do want to make one small correction, which is that we begin at 8:00pm SLT, not 8:30, which means we go a full three hours (and sometimes longer if I'm awake for it, which tends not to be on Bucc Bowl weekends), though of course no one is obligated to stay for the whole thing. It's no problem if veteran players don't arrive until the middle of the game, but I'd ask new players to arrive on time so that I don't neglect you in distributing your props. There really isn't much, but once the game is underway, there's too much going on for me to attend to newcomers effectively, and I'm afraid it's a bit overwhelming to new people if they don't know what they stepped into and don't know anyone there.

    Anyway, I need to post the comment so I can go take a look at what dingbats are left now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. halftime score? (give the money to Mags if that's right, as she got most of it)

    Ringside seat

    ReplyDelete
  5. decidedly unavoidable? (d-sided-ly?)

    Hm, that can't be right. I'll post so that others might mock my feeble efforts though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. back and forth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. grandstanding or grandstand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unavoidable Delay

    Up to a thousand pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, unavoidable delay makes much more sense than my guess of decidedly unavoidable. Nice, Becki.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no idea what'sa gone and what hasn't

    Highway code
    grand piano
    dragged through a hedge backwards
    half time score
    righteous indignation
    unavoidable delay
    ring side seat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back and forth yes
    Grandstand yes
    Lindens to Mags for half time score
    Ringside seat yes
    Unavoidable delay

    So 1 left, the anniversaryyy one a

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right, Lotus, I tend to occupy the same general spaces at the same events - near the fire at Lilly's as you said, or just inside the ropes at the Diner, or seated on a cushion at EyeQ. I guess I subconsciously consider those my 'Lucky Spots' and automatically end up there. A keen eye there, lassie...

    ReplyDelete
  13. always posts these when I'm hosting -boo Lotus:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. cully complains too much... boooo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. only cos you get them first!

    Last year's anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soo Nelly 20, Mags 20, Sinn 30, Becki 20, still 10 left to get...

    ReplyDelete
  17. wise after the event!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes!!! Now people can post about Chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh there was a blog too?
    *goes back to read it now*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I noticed that many people occupy their favorite spots at trivia events, and have wondered why I change around so much. But then, I can't stay with the same hair color, either. Karmel Kips

    ReplyDelete
  21. If Lilly's is reasonable quiet and there is space i will dance by the rug. If there are already lots of people running around and no space to move without getting one of Nelly's boots in your belly then i sit down. If i am sitted i want to be 1) not by the door and 2) not at either end of the pub where there is a slim chance people might wonder just out of chat range.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always sit where I can watch Lotus. :-D
    *bats her eyelashes in a transparent attempt to flatter the judge into a more favourable ruling next time*

    ReplyDelete
  23. People tend to stand in the same place. At Lilly's ... Rickson towards the bar,"

    You're going to get me a thoroughly undeserved repuitation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I liked my spot at the diner - by the door near the rope - better when Sharon hosted from the diner's steps and I could sit at her feet.I stand between two logs at Double Standards.

    It is really annoying when someone is in my place. So cut it out!

    ReplyDelete