Friday 6 November 2009

Plurk is the new black!

I'm sure you've noticed it, but SL trivia blogging has gone really quiet. A few months ago and everyone was at it, and now we are lucky to have a new post every couple of weeks. A shining exception is Becks's witty take on SL trivia, but the once-prolific Lette's torrent of posts has dried to a trickle. I really enjoyed her interviews with people, and she never did get round to interviewing me and Nelly. Not that I'm hinting, of course, oh no not me!

So if blogging has gone the way of boot cut jeans, where has everyone gone? Well, if you look on the top right of this page you'll see Plurk, and it seems that's where everyone has gone. I have found Plurk to be really addictive and fun, but I do feel sorry that the carefully crafted (or in my case hurriedly thrown together) blog seems to be in decline for SL trivia.


Nelly Swindlehurst on Guy Fawkes Night at Sharon's Diner, Maggie Sewell ran a really fun event, with a great Bonfire Night ambience, but she should know by now that Nelly and fires just don't mix












How can I get this on to Harry Potter? Well, one of the Plurk threads was "If SL Trivia was Hogwarts, who would be which character?"

Harry Potter, obviously, has to be Mako Kungfu. He's geeky and keen, has magical powers and is kinda cute. The senior fatherly figure of Albus Dumbledore is clearly Thornton Writer. Nelly Swindlehurst and Rach Borkotron are Fred and George Weasley, and as Lette pointed out this is SL, and they can change sex if and whenever they want to. I have to have some senior figures so Sharon Scofield is Molly Weasley, and who else but Browman Griffith could be Sirius Black? Lette Ponnier seems surprised to be Professor McGonaghall, but I can just imagine her saying "Report to my study AT ONCE, do you hear?" Can't you? The ever-loyal Ron Weasley, just a little envious of Harry, is an exact match for JoshuaStephen Schism.

And we have to have the forces of darkness too. Lou Netizen stalks the dark halls of Hogwarts as caretaker Argus Filch, and she has to have a cat, so step forward Rain Ninetails. The sinister figure of Severus Snape is Cully Andel. Juke Badger with his hair just has to be Draco Malfoy, and Maelstrom Janus has more than a passing resemblance to dad Lucius Malfoy. Lillian Shippe cast herself as Bellatrix Lestrange, go get her Sharon!

And if haven't included you or someone else, your comment space is open, please use it and fill out our cast list!



Circe Falta hosting at Inferno. The theme was sweet things, and the club looked just fabulous. I put on 3kg just being there!







I've got some other things. I blogged this last time, but the Triviathon is on 7-8 November, and Nelly, myself and DJ Angelo are on at 4-6pm SLT Saturday, with 16000 Lindens to give out, and we'd love to see you there! My Easter Egg for the event is right here, watch this clip! http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/blimp/

And Jamie has recruited two new hosts for EyeQ in the Sky. Sharon is my trivia hosting role model, and for me is one of the two most fun trivia hosts in SL. She's going to do 7am Fridays, and if you've never been to one of Sharon's events, do try and get there, so often she has me laughing out loud in rl. And we're hoping Becki Verne s coming on board too, which would be awesome if she can. Do check out her blog from the link at the start of this post, she's got all the qualifications for an SL trivia host (witty, smart, and I was going to say mouthy but I'm sure there's a politer way to put that).

And here's the result from my poll about Dingbats, it looks like you want me to keep on doing them, sorry to anyone who has problems loading them.

Lotus's dingbat questions at SL events:
They load OK for me on the whole
9 (47%)
They don't load OK for me
2 (10%)
I like them and would like to them continue
11 (57%)
I don't like them and I wish she'd stop doing them
2 (10%)
What is she on about this time?
3 (15%)

Votes so far: 19

Hey, where's my Dingbats? Well, I was hoping for some comments from this post, so I've done a set of really tough Dingbats for you, but I'm going to post them separately today. Comments on the main post have a tendency to get lost among Nelly, Mags, Cully and Becks's Dingbat spam, so I'll have another post up shortly, and I'll spam you all in world and Plurk when I do. Some of them look a bit CBA to me, but you'll manage I'm sure.

12 comments:

  1. I've missed your blog Loyus. It's nicer to read and 'hear' your thoughts in longhand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mael looks like Draco to me. Is there a Hagrid? I can't think of one yet? Saxby's Drusilla must be Hedwig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lette never got round to interviewing me either hehe.
    The trviathon will rock - I'll blog all the details later but I hope you'll sll support Nellotus and everyone else as best you can:)

    I'm off to wash my greasy Snape hair now hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog posting frequency has also dropped off a bit since Plurk invaded my consciousness. Plurk is addictive for me because it offers more instant feedback than blogging, but it can be a challenge to express yourself succinctly in 140 characters or less. Between SL, Blog, Plurk, and this annoying appendage called RL (which I'm thinking of having removed), things can get pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mags you can be Nymphadora Tonks so long as you get some pink hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lotus, you forgot to include yourself as Hermione.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes hermione...the over achieving know-it-all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I didn't stop blogging because of plurking, I stopped blogging because I just can't seem to finish anything. I have three unfinished drafts of monster-size posts I started. The earliest is from July.

    Anyway, I just changed the name and URL of the blog, so locate it at http://virtualfunandbrains.blogspot.com from now on. It's partly a symbolic change, I think, to renew my drive to get stuff finished.

    And I wasn't exactly "surprised" to be Professor McGonaghall. It's just that my familiarity with everything Potter is less than medium, so I was hoping for more of an explanation than, "Who else could it be?" because, well, I don't really know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somebody, wish I could remember who, told me the other day that I would be Luna Lovegood. Which I don't get. But then I suppose I wouldn't, would I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm taking the role of Ginny Weasley. Look out, Harry! ;-)

    Alanna Robbiani

    ReplyDelete