Tuesday 13 October 2009

Do get it right, Lotus!

I know I'm not the most assiduous of researchers, and Chadd and Shale put me to shame, but even though I get through 50 questions every week, I do like to get it right. Sometimes you come up with alternative correct answers (and I do love those!) and for sure I sometimes miss the right winner, but you all keep me right, and I hope I always put things right with you where I get it wrong.

Nelly always says I should not do spam questions, because I so often come up with the wrong winners, and I do admit to finding it hard to keep up with fast-moving text and pick out a correct answer, but maybe that's just me getting older.

But it's really embarrassing when I get it completely wrong, as I did at EyeQ last week. The question I asked was "What was Abba's last No.1 single in the UK Chart", and the answer I gave was "The Winner Takes it All" in 1978. Which is, I'm sorry to say, wrong, as Carrion pointed out at the time, and the right answer was "Super Trouper" in 1980. I must have misread the Wiki entry, but I really hate to get something as wrong as that, and I should have researched the question better.


Nelly, Lotus and Kiri at Sharon's Diner. The beaver on the vote box has thankfully been greyed out

I am speaking only for myself here, but I do like it when you come up with alternative correct answers, and if you do think I've got it wrong, please say so in local chat or IM me! I'm only too pleased to look into it and pay you if I think you're right. Please don't think I'm worrying myself into an early grave over getting one question wrong, and I do not want a post-mortem after every question, but I don't mind at all if you keep me right. Nelly does it, why should you not?



Cully Andel and Krikra McMillan at AnaMaria's Monday event at Moysie'
s

I put a poll about alts on my blog a couple of posts ago, and I've got the results for you here. It doesn't suggest to me that most of you have any problem with alts. I was Option 4: I don't use them but I don't have a problem.

OK everyone, it's Linden time. Ten dingbats for you, answer in comments please, 10L for each first correct answer, paid in game.

About alts in SL:

I use them and like them
10 (41%)
I use them but I wish alts didn't exist
2 (8%)
I don't use them and I wish they didn't exist
2 (8%)
I don't use them but I have no problem with them
4 (16%)
I just don't care at all
6 (25%)

I've put a new poll on for you this week, I'd like to know how you are finding my dingbat questions at events. Some of you seem to be having loading issues, and I want to know if I should keep on doing them. This time you can choose multiple answers.






16 comments:

  1. um lots of hard ones... I'm not certain on any of these

    split the difference

    across the sky

    double check

    dotted I(s)

    ReplyDelete
  2. double checked
    changing horses in mid stream
    split the difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. times of your life?
    cheap trick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dot the is and cross the ts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK then...
    Split the difference Nelly
    Double check Nelly
    Dirty trick Mags
    Changing horses in midstream Becki
    Outside broadcast Nelly
    Dot the is and cross the ts Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK Becks top hat white tie and tails yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sky line Nelly! Just the IT etc one left

    ReplyDelete
  8. how come Nelly's the only one gets to see these! Cheat booo lol
    And yes Lotus, we're none of us perfect and we do make mistakes. Like you if I get something wrong, I prefer people to speak out and say so to give me the chance to put it right. (And also the chance to correct you if you're wrong:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because she's always demanding to know when the next lot of dingbats go up Cully!

    ReplyDelete